Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Who am I?

Hello again! It's Effie.

I think this question is overlooked way too often. In my opinion, it's important to know who you are. It's been bugging me very much these past few months, so much so that it's almost always in the back of my mind.

The reason I'm so dissatisfied is that it's such a complicated question. Am I just a pile of skin, bones, muscle, and fat? It has to be deeper than that. I can think, I can rationalize, I can be. That has to mean something.

The problem is that there really isn't a fixed answer for this - at least for me, there isn't. I strongly believe that everyone is capable of learning and changing, and that they do this all the time. I am constantly changing, not just because I am rather fickle, but because I am always learning and discovering new things. These things change me, and I'm sure they change you, too.

So who am I, really?

I don't know. I guess all I can do is wait and see what life has in store for me. I've heard of all the wonderful things time can do for you. I'm sure "it will get better", and hopefully I'll get out of this rut.

If you have an idea of how to answer this question, please tell me before my sister gets tired of critiquing all of my dramatic "Who am I?"-themed poems.

~ Effie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment