Monday, May 25, 2015

"The Blank Document"

It's Effie.

This is a satirical poem I wrote a few weeks ago. To understand it, copy and paste it into a blank Word document.


The Blank Document 
I wrote this poem to apologize.
To apologize for the empty calories you are feeding your brain
As you read this poem
That means absolutely nothing.
The cosmos cry out
For their meaning is taken away
By a single breath
Of this nonsense poem
That means, in total, nothing.
I truly do apologize for this
Because your life will be forever and irrevocably changed
After you read this poem
That, in truth, means nothing.
It’s fitting, is it not?
To write a meaningless poem
On a document supposedly blank
Yet filled with the futile words of this poem
This poem that is the very definition of nothing.
I don’t know why I wrote it –
Was it to satisfy some unvoiced need in the pit of my soul?
Was it to express the meaning of meaninglessness?
Either way,
I will stop immediately
For two pages of a poem so hopelessly hollow
Are two pages too many. 

I'm sorry. What am I doing with my life.

Have a wonderful, meaningful day. :)


~ Effie

No comments:

Post a Comment